அன்னை கன்னி | RC Christian Songs | New Tamil Christian Songs | Miriyam Tv | © Kadal Thantha Kaaviam | Tamil Christian Cinema |
Kadal Thantha Kaaviam is a Tamil Christian Cinema.
Direct & Produced By Prakash Geo
Aprajith & Asrutha Act as a Hero Heroin
Sarath Priyadev is a Music Director
Style Bala is a Dance Master
L.S.Raj is a Camera Man
The story Based Vadakankulam Near Kanyakumai is a Tamil Christian Devotional cinema |
George Film International already released lot of Devotional telefilms & Albums For More Details Contact firstname.lastname@example.orgகடல் தந்த காவியம் Vadakanglam is the first parish of the interior area that joined the Pearl Fishery Coast mission and it was the last parish of the south western border of the Madurai mission. St. John de Britto who was on horse journey accosted the four Catholic families here who had come from the village of Thoppuvilai in 1600. He built a small thatched church dedicated to the Holy family in 1605. As many Catholic families from elsewhere settled down here, it became part of Nemam mission belonging to the Jesuit province of Cochin. Every year 1000 coconuts are smashed on the streets on May the 31st by Thatha to celebrate the arrival of the Tamil new year. The city has regular power outages and Lazar takes care of the chicken coop with the help of Franklin and Co. After de Britto, Fr. De Souza stayed here and converted many in Marungoor village. In 1750, Fr. Putheri renovated the church built by de Britto. As per the notes of Fr. Bavane, in 1787, of the 14 parishes of Madurai Mission, Vadakangulam, Palayamkottai, Suranam and Kamanayakkanpatti were under the jurisdiction of Cochin diocese. When the Society of Jesus was suppressed in 1773, Vadakangulam was under the supervision of Archbishop Salvatore Thorais of Kiranganoor. At that time, priests from Pondicherry served here for some time. After 1838, Thulois Jesuits came to Vadakangulam. They demolished the old church and laid foundation for the new church on the 9th of August 1855. Archbishop Canos of Madurai consecrated this church on the 23rd of June 1872, when Fr. Gregory was the parish priest. This is the present church of Vadakangulam. Our Lady of the Assumption statue had been in the church for a long time. In October 1803, one Mr. Savarimuthu Pillai came to Vadakangulam to interview an English lady named Hentriette Belderk. As he went to the church in the morning, he saw clouds hovering over the altar and the statue’s hands opened and eyes shed tears. Startled he called the catechist Mr. Yagapper Pillai. Lady Belderk came there as well. They rang the bell. People came and began to pray with tears as the statue gained its previous status, according to some witnesses. The first Vicar General of Tuticorin diocese Msgr. Marianather is from Vadakangulam. His brother Mr. Yagapper Pillai served as Catechist of this church for more than 60 years, the Pope Pius XI awarded him with Benemonthi title in 1935. Mr. Devasagayam pillai who died as a martyr in Kattadi hills next to Aralvaimozhi had been baptized at Vadakangulam. His wife Mrs. Gnagapoo was buried at Vadakangulam cemetery. The turban of Devasagayam pillai is still treasured at Vadakangulam church until now.
Fr. Ignatius 1931-1936
Fr. Mariadas 1936-1943
Fr. Joachim Fernando 1943-1950
Fr. Benedict 1950-1954
Fr. Navamoni 1954-1960
Fr. Maria Gnanam 1960-1974
Fr. Antony M.S 1974-1982
Fr. Peter Raja 1982-1985
Fr. Cruz Marian 1985-1988
Fr. Job de Rose 1988-1990
Fr. Irudayaraj 1990-1995
Fr. Mariadas 1995-1997
Fr. Theophilus 1998 -2003
Fr. Paneer selvam 2003 – 2008
Fr. Nelson Paulraj 2008 – 2013
Fr. Thatheus Rajan 2013-
Patron Saint : Holy Family Feast of the Patron : Our Lady of Assumption, August 6-15
St. Michael church, Michaelpalayam, 1910.the church had been rebuilt by the effort of the Kaniyan community people & consecrated by the bishop of Tuticorin on 28 September 2010.The feast of St. Michael is celebrated in the month of September 20 to 29 every year. The Michaelpalayam is also called as Kaniyankudi.
St. Antony’s church, St. Antony’s street, 1945.
St. Sebastian’s church, Sebastian street, 1900.
Our Lady’s church, Bajanaimadam, 1861.
Our Lady of Sorrows church, Cemetery, 1861.
Our Lady of Good Health church, (Veilankanni matha church)1983.
Substations: Avaraikulam, Church constructed in: 1907
St. Xavier Church, Pathinatherpuram, Church constructed in: 1970
St. Antony’s Church, Keezhakulam, Church constructed in: 1920
St. Antony’s Church, Puthiamputhur, Church constructed in: 1974